Children's Story

Stories for my grandson are children's stories I wrote while I took a writing course. Children often like to imagine and day dream a lot. These are short stories for easy reading. I hope children all over the world will read and enjoy them. Some drawings are drawn by a local artist David Fam, my brother.To view his drawings, http://davidsartgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

THE FIREFLY HERO.

THE BIRTH OF A HERO
(part one)


‘Ah Fook, Ah Fook, where are you? You little rascal, when I catch you, I’ll hang you out to dry!’ the old man shouted.

Peeping behind the big tree was Ah Fook .Beside him, sitting on the ground was Wang Her. On his lap was a pure white cat, the tips of his tail and two ears were black.

Wang Her said, ‘Why are you giggling and hiding here? What have you done this time?’
Ah Fook shaking Wang Her’s shoulder, said, ‘Look, look, look at the Master chasing the chickens.’ Then softly, ‘Sorry, I forgot you cannot see.’
‘Tell me what you did’ Wang Her asked.

Ah Fook still laughing, replied, ‘Master told me to feed the chickens and collect the eggs, I went to feed them but forgot the egg basket, so I went out to get it.’

Wang Her continued, ‘You forgot to close the gate and all the chickens ran into the Master’s vegetable patch!’
Ah Fook replied, ‘No, no, no, it was not done on purpose, I forgot to close the gate’.

Wang Her sighed, ‘Ah Fook, you have been here, three months. Have you learned anything? The Master teaches discipline, manners, patience, in fact the seven virtues, can you remember anything?’

Ah Fook muttered under his breath, ‘Young Master, I am stupid, I cannot remember things, I always say the wrong things, do the wrong things. But you are so different, you are smart. See, Master teaches you Kung Fu, and you remember the steps like you were born to do it. I wonder if you really cannot see.’

A hand came around the corner and caught Ah Fook by the collar, ‘At last, huh, where can you run now? You little rascal’.
Ah Fook pleading, ‘Please Master, do not beat me, I promise I’ll be good. I’ll do all the cleaning, feed the goats and chickens and water the vegetable patch.

I’ll learn to meditate like the Young Master. Please give me a second chance.’
Wang Her said, ‘Master, he is forgetful at times, but he is always willing to learn’.

The Master roared, ‘Learn? Learn what? He is only interested in eating and sleeping! He has to take his punishment like a man. Tonight, you will have no supper.’

That night, Wang Her took some buns to Ah Fook. Ah Fook whispered, ‘Why did you come? If the Master sees you, he will punish you too, but thank you for your kindness.’

copyright(c)byMayFam.2005.


This is only some extracts from my childen's story book that I wrote while I took a course. If there is a publisher who is interested, please contact me at
feedback99@gmail.com
Thank you.


This story ‘FIREFLY HERO” is for middle grade children and in three parts, starting with the ‘Birth of a Hero, His training Days, and his Adventures as a Hero.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home